Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Time of the Truncheon (2nd draft) }and the soundtrack to Annie(the movie){


     The truncheon of time is beating, down like a drum, the hours since I left.
  This the only enemy will neither gather nor sow the possible escapes,
     only watch 
        and count backwards towards the last.
 Heading always fowards, but with my face turned into our shared past, I will not fret the coming death,
           one more now lined before the others,
a life of deaths,
    and every death springing again to my death of love
       - the grave that wants us all.
 No song can sing this leaving, no line or second measure it's fall.

  The truncheon of time is now lost love and will hammer a remembrance to me, the soul that once junked it's miseries
     and plundered lies to hopeful days is faded in bottles to the New Orleans sun; never ending, without time, always set against the four directions
        i'm leaving again to come back home.

        The truncheon of time will form up at the river's bend and sprout a crescent wave on the sunken city,
 a parade drum to honor,
   a long fog to cover,
      a striving to not be just am,
and I worry to see you under the paint of bar light and juke song.

The time of the truncheon is at our hand, and we destroy with clarity the
  edges of dreaming,
     I wish and I'll wander to guess your name
like jelicho cats,
   the one who nobody knows but I've seen sometimes,
some time ago in the leaving brought to me and you.






No comments:

Post a Comment