Tuesday, August 14, 2012

At the Crossroads We Stood Still



 In the temples, and after the temples
at Crossroads and other ways of passage,
as men and also as souls of nothing,
we are riding towards the dawn of nightfall.

Carried up on false celebrations
, our failing lives,
the loves we've wrecked in conquering,
the deals we've washed our hands of,
we are moving into an empty death
like a house where no one lives


***


there is a chance (perhaps in a whisper
) that will carry out the promise of the
last dream before this one
and I've watched it run past me
just then
}water in a frozen mile
without redemption{

[This hand ,here, at the end of me
(by death and by geography)
makes vain attempts towards you
, by hacking at keys
that do not open doors, or hold no meaning,
will never be read
by the person for whom they were made]

Watching all my language collapse
between where it begins and where it leaves me
I stutter across the page
faintly wishing for more, and remembering-

At the crossroads we stood still
waiting for the road to choose us.

Something is now becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment