Monday, July 18, 2011

The Idiocy of Labor and The Money Will Roll Right In (FANG- Landshark/Where The Wild Things Are)


    Up at four a.m. to walk two miles, up and down the hills of Lynchburg, to the day labor office. Delirious with stress, I watched the "How To Hold a Stop Sign" instructional video for two and a half hours, looping every fifteen minutes. I am now certified to stand at the side of the road and instruct drivers as to when to slow down, when to stop, and when and how to resume driving. I am also unemployed, still. Not even the barrel scrapping lovelies at Preferred Staffing can seem to find some use for me. Perhaps I should use the skills I learned today holding up other sorts of signs at the side of the road, though somehow no matter what I write on my sign it always seems to read "Local Police: Please Stop Here. Harass Me and Threaten Me with Arrest. I Am a Complete Piece of Shit." I love America.
     On the walk back from day labor I discovered that I'm so far around the bend that I can't even walk into the free Mental Health Clinic and ask for help. Visions of stern, unattractive women frowning down at me while I fill out forms and then telling me I'm ineligible for any kind of help and why don't I just buck up and be a man, go and and find a damned job. Or even worse; kind, attractive women saying the same thing only nicer. I sat there through three cigarettes until my paranoid visions had grown so large that I came right to the edge of full blown bag lady style hallucinations, complete with loud one sided conversations and violent hand waving. Again, I love America.
     So back to my cave and what album will best represent todays particular madness?


FANG - Landshark/Where The Wild Things Are

  1. The Money Will Roll Right In
  2. Landshark
  3. Law & Order
  4. Diary of a Mad Werrwoulf
  5. Destroy the Handicapped
  6. Drunk & Crazy
  7. An Invitation
  8. Skinheads Smoke Dope
  9. They Sent Me To Hell C.O.D.
  10. Red Threat
  11. Fun With Acid
  12. I've Got the Disease
  13. Suck and Fuck
  14. With Friends Like You
  15. G.I. Sex
  16. Road Kills
  17. You're Cracked
  18. I Wanna Be On TV
  19. Everybody Makes Me Barf
  20. Junky Dare
  21. Berkley Heathen Scum

~download~

No comments:

Post a Comment