Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What's The Point? And The Point!


In the past forty eight hours I've slept six. It's midnight, it's raining, and I have to be at the day labor office (which still hasn't sent me out for work) in four hours in hope that they'll let me go out to work some shit job for minimum wage which, after taxes and transportation fee, amounts to about fifty dollars a day. Subtract the cost of lunch, if I'm lucky enough to get a lunch break somewhere where I can buy a lunch, and I'm looking at just over five and hour. Which translates to sixty hours of labor just to cover rent and bills, if I'm lucky enough to get sixty hours between now and the first. To quote Dick Lucas, "And then you wonder why they burn you're buildings down....."
So, no story today, no poem, no rant; just a movie on the nature of pointlessness, narrated by Ringo Starr- the king high dog of pointlessness. This movie not only gave me the name of this collection of shit and music, it also reminds me of one of my favorite phrases which I will now dedicate to Mr. Starkey-
"God Bless his pointy little head."
Enjoy the movie, and then download the soundtrack. Ta.

Today's reading list:
1.  Norton Juster The Phantom Tollbooth
2 Arthur Rimbaud "Une Saison En Enfer/La Bateau Ivre" (which is apparently available at WalMart.com. WTF?)
3.  Jim Thompson Now and on Earth

Harry Nilsson
  1. Everything's Got'em
  2. The Town (narration)
  3. Me And My Arrow
  4. The Game (narration)
  5. Poli High
  6. The Trial & The Banishment
  7. Think About Your Troubles
  8. The Pointed Man
  9. Life Line
  10. The Birds
  11. P.O.V. Waltz
  12. The Clearing In The Woods (narration)
  13. Are You Sleeping?
  14. Oblio's Return

No comments:

Post a Comment